Pumpkin gnocchi is a vegetarian dish and a great mid week dinner. A warming bowl of comfort food that hits the spot on a cold Autumn day.
Pumpkin gnocchi is a quick mid week dinner that all the family can enjoy. As its Halloween tomorrow we thought we’d treat you to a Halloween inspired pumpkin dish. This pumpkin gnocchi is super quick to prepare and serve up. As any parent will tell you this is essential when you’ve hungry mouths to feed. Especially true at Halloween when they are eager to finish dinner and head outdoors trick or treating.
We’ve used fresh pumpkin gnocchetti from Biona, as its tasty and as no pre-cooking of the gnocchi is required, on the table in minutes. However use whatever kind you can source easily and pasta if your kids don’t like gnocchi. At this time of year its too easy to view pumpkin as something to carve rather than eat. Which is a pity as pumpkin is a delicious vegetable and one my kids are always happy to eat. The sage works beautifully with the pumpkin, a really great pairing. So for a quick mid-week dinner, why not give it a go?
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut or onion squash - peeled and diced
- 1 leek - white part only, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp sage leaves - finely shredded
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml single cream
- 500 g gnocchi - cooked as per packet instructions
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the leek, garlic and pumpkin and saute gently until the pumpkin is soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add the shredded sage leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the wine and saute quickly to reduce the liquid to half the consistency. Stir through the cream, cooked gnocchi, salt and pepper and serve immediately.
This recipe has been shared to CookBlogShare, click on the link for recipes by fellow food bloggers.