Delicious, soft and chewy brownies with chopped pecans, a simple bake for baking with kids and one that will satisfy any chocolate craving.
Chocolate pecan brownies are a quick and regular bake in our house. My kids love these chocolate pecan brownies, a simple bake and they are able to bake them without my help.
This is my go to recipe for chocolate brownies, the one I use when I need to produce baking quickly! As a mother there is always a coffee morning or a bake sale that I need to bake for. I’ve baked these brownies for years, sometimes with nuts, sometimes without. These brownies are really quick and easy to prepare which makes them ideal for baking with children, who have a short attention span.
I love the look on concentration on my youngest daughters face in this photo, she takes baking very seriously. In fact she often bakes chocolate pecan brownies for her Granny. My Mum is coeliac and brownies are one of the simplest bakes for someone who follows a gluten free diet. Substitute the self-raising flour with gluten free self raising flour, we recommend Doves Flour. However take care to ensure that the chocolate is also gluten free and suitable for a GF diet.
Like many of my recipes, this one is written on a scrap of paper. Quite acceptable for me, as I know this recipe and rarely need to look at it. Less so for my daughters, who also love to bake brownies, but depend on me standing with them while they do so. I’ve written up this recipe for them so that they know where to find it. Adding to my online recipe book for them.
If you don’t like pecan’s simply substitute them for another nut, or leave out entirely. Lovely to eat cold, but delicious when still warm from the oven with ice cream!
chocolate & pecan brownies
- 400 g milk chocolate
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs - beaten
- 225 g light muscovado sugar
- 75 g self-raising flour
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 100 g pecan nuts - chopped
- Break up the chocolate and place in a large bowl along with the butter. Place the bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir the melted chocolate and butter together and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder and muscovado sugar, ensuring there are no lumps in the sugar.
- Pour the dry goods into the melted chocolate, along with the eggs and pecan nuts. Stir well to combine the ingredients before pouring into a brownie tin that has been lined with greaseproof paper.
- Cook in an oven at 150C/140CFan for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin.
- Once the brownies have cooled cut into slices and remove from the pan. Keep in an air-tight container.
We are linking this recipe up to CookBlogShare, a great sharing site with many other delicious recipes from fellow food bloggers.